Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 15 Minutes | Serves: 2
I'm so glad we have gluten-free alternatives such as this brown rice tortilla from Trader Joe's. Because this tortilla should be kept in the fridge or freezer, it tends to get a little stiff. Before using, heat on the stove top for just a few minutes, or use the defrost function on your toaster oven.
- 1 Chicken Breast
- 1 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Pink Salt and Fresh-ground pepper to taste
- 2 Brown Rice Tortillas
- 10 Cherry or Sugar Plum Tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups Baby Spring Mix
- Heat olive oil in a medium pan
- Season chicken breast with salt and pepper on both sides
- Cook chicken on pan on one side for 4-5 minutes.
- Turn chicken and add lemon juice to deglaze the pan. Cook for an additional 3-4 minutes. Cover pan to cook thoroughly and more quickly.
- Remove chicken and cut into small pieces.
- Warm tortilla on pan - about 1 minute on each side - or in toaster oven.
- Arrange lettuce, guacamole and tomatoes and chicken.
- Wrap and enjoy alone or with this soup.